How to Lose 10 Pounds With Diet and Exercise

What's the first piece of advice someone gives you when you mention that you're trying to lose weight? Let me guess, calories in versus calories out - you need to eat less and exercise more. What they don't understand is that when we decrease our caloric intake, the body begins to store fat.

Muscle is usually lost, so the body becomes fatter. This response to calorie restriction makes rebound weight gain possible once the diet is over. My advice is to exercise for 5 hours per week and eat whole foods while being aware of your body's natural hunger/fullness cues.

If you find it difficult to exercise for five hours per week, start off at just one or two hours and build it up from there. Two hours per week breaks down to just four 30-minute sessions and you know that you can do that while watching television no problem. Schedule a time during your day that you can block out specifically for exercise. Whether it's just 10 minutes at a time or 2 hours all at once - schedule a time that works for you. And remember quality over quantity. Try to keep the time you spend working out enjoyable but challenging. I like to see good technique at a high tempo.

Next, stay consistent with your habits. Small changes over time will yield the greatest results. For example, when I found it difficult to eat consistent nutritious meals throughout the day I quickly learned that I would need to prepare my meals ahead of time to help me reach my goals. Put simply, prepared meals meant that I wouldn't have to choose between what's available and what I knew I had to eat to lose weight.

Eating whole foods while being aware of your body's hunger and fullness cues only comes from practice and experience. The whole foods part is simple - don't eat anything that has been overly processed. Mindful eating on the other hand is much more difficult and being consciously aware of your body's natural rhythm takes patience and understanding. I know that you will have to experiment with this a little bit, but just listen to your body and give yourself the time to figure out the most appropriate nutrition plan for your body type.

I think we can all agree that extreme diets don't work - we've tried them all and failed. Now, it's time to get back to the basics. My advice is to exercise for five hours per week, prepare your food ahead of time, stay consistent with your habits and learn your body's natural rhythm. Bottom line, I believe learning body awareness, avoiding processed foods, and regular physical activity can help you lose weight.

James continues to study the latest training, supplementation, and nutrition research to help you improve your overall health and wellness. Visit James' Exercise and Nutrition Blog for more details.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=James_Beltrame

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

blogger